What is a PayPal Account?
A PayPal account is a safe and easy way to send and receive money online, and it’s a digital wallet that lets you pay without sharing your bank or credit card information. You can use your PayPal account to buy, send, and sell online without sharing your financial information.
As a global alternative payments company, PayPal is available in more than 200 markets worldwide, enabling millions of people to use digital currency to purchase things online or in-store. In Ghana, users can make digital currency payments using PayPal at over 100,000 stores across the country. To make a purchase using digital currency on PayPal, users need to select the ‘Pay with PayPal’ option on the merchant’s website. On the PayPal website, users can also exchange their digital currency into local currency at a rate of GH¢10,000 to one bitcoin.
Is PayPal available in Ghana
PayPal is not available in Ghana. However, there are many international e-money services that allow you to send and receive money in Ghana using their services.
Getting a PayPal account in Ghana is not accessible, but you can create a working legit PayPal account with these steps below.
Steps to create a PayPal account in Ghana
- Use PayPal Lesotho URL if you are in Ghana.
- Choose the Business option.
- Sign up with a valid G mail account.
- Provide your details to match the information you have on any valid ID, preferably, Ghana Card or Passport.
- Take note, enter a valid and an active Ghanaian phone number.
- Submit and confirm with an email verification which will be sent to you shortly.
- From your email, verify your account.
- Next step is to upload a picture of a valid ID with the same name as you provided for the account registration.
- You are good to go with using PayPal in Ghana.